Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I am way behind schedule

Way back on Saturday, June 18, 2011, I posted a blog in which I laid down some conservative hypothetical numbers regarding where I should be at this time. I just had a look at those hypotheticals and compared them to my real-world performance, and it doesn’t look good folks. I am behind the power curve by a considerable margin. The take home story is simple: I need a burst and breakthrough.

Here is the situation in a nutshell:

  • According to my hypothetical projections, I should have been at 32.52% body fat on July 22
  • The actual figure was 34%
  • I should have weighed in at 219.938 pounds on July 22
  • The actual figure was 221.2
  • I should have had 147.95 pounds of lean on July 22
  • The actual figure was 145
  • I should have had 71.88 pounds of fat on July 22
  • The actual figure was

The situation looks equally glum for this coming Friday. Take a look at these projections

  • I should weigh in at 210.138 this Friday
  • Right now, the bathroom scale is stuck at 218, meaning I am around 217.
  • I think it unlikely that I will just suddenly plummet 7 pounds in the next 2 days.
  • If I am lucky my weight will fall 4 pounds in the next two days, and my lean will improve.
  • I am guestimating that my total body weight will be 213 this Friday. I hope I can hit that mark, but it may be difficult
  • Speaking of lean, I should have 147.95 of lean on Friday. Let’s hope it is better than that.
  • My Body Fat Percentage should be 29.59% this Friday. This would require a 4.41% drop from last time. That is far-fetched and unprecedented.

I have to admit that I am struggling a bit with the question of why my weight and fat levels aren’t dropping faster. I suppose everyone suffers a few plateaus during the course of a long marathon of weight loss, however, I am at a loss to explain why this is happening to me during a moment when I am intensifying the workout tremendously.

Just how much work have I done? Consider the following table for today alone.

Order

Exercise

Minutes

Kcal

1

Bike

22

268

2

Eliptical

22

348

3

Rower

21

237

4

Treadmill

15

192

5

Bike

16

195

6

Bike

13

150

7

Eliptical

16

250

125

1,640

As you can see, I damn near burned half a pound worth of fat in the workouts alone today. This doesn’t include the 25 minutes I spent in the saunas tonight, either. 150 minutes is quite a long time to spend training and steaming.

With effort like this, I believe my progress should be dramatic, and I should be on schedule. I am bitterly disappointed that this doesn’t appear to be the case. Unless I get a big surge in lean weight this week, I am going to be very unhappy with my progress come this Friday.