Tuesday, August 16, 2011

211.9...?

This morning the scale was wobbling back and forth between 211.8 and 212.0. It had trouble making up its mind which to display. It settled on 212, once again choosing to round upward, rather than downward.

Just in case I haven't mentioned it, the Tanita scale I own is only capable of displaying weights in increments of 0.2 pounds. I am sure this high-end medical supply firm makes better and more accurate scales, however, I didn't buy one of those.

For the sake of argument, let's say I weigh in at 211.9. This means the Bod Pod would weigh me in at 211.05. This brings my total progress to 9.298 pounds with 3 days to go. The plummet continues, but it is slowing down.

I swear I'm going to bust the 10 pound barrier this time, and probably by a comfortable margin. I need all that weight to be fat weight, and some additional lean gain under the hood, if I am to have any chance of getting back on schedule.

I was about 8.5 pounds of fat behind schedule, when last I checked. If I were to loose 10 pounds of fat during this two week cycle, I would bring that deficit down by 3.0 pounds, putting me just 5.5 pounds behind the power curve.

Of course, if I have gained a pound of lean in the process, I would have lost another pound of fat under the scale's radar. That would leave me just 4.5 pounds behind the power curve.

The curiosity and excitement is building. Let's see how far I can push it this week. I look forward to this Bod Pod test with great interest.