Sunday, August 28, 2011

Another case where Sirus got it wrong




Those of you who read this blog know I am a fan of the Sirus 1.1 astrology package. You also know that I view this engine as imperfect. It generates a lot of solid results. Then it screws up. It screws up not because I say it screws up, but because it does not identify key synastry aspects any keen-eyed astrologer would spot on close examination.

In other words, it fails to consistently apply the rules of the game. It makes mistakes, and that can be demonstrated by the book. This is probably just a simple defect in coding in some cases. In others, it may be that writers of this software subscribe to a different philosophy. Nevertheless, errors are made.

Such is the case with Poppy Montgomery, the new star of the new TV series called Unforgettable. If you are like me, you are watching a lot of preseason football right now. If you are like me, you are seeing preposterous numbers of commercials for the upcoming TV season. You may or may not have caught the advertisement for Unforgettable. If you have, you may agree with me that Poppy Montgomery is pretty unforgettable.

She just about knocked me over when I first laid eyes on her. She's a stunner. Of course, Hollywood is overflowing with stunners. I see a hundred stunners on the tube every single day. Few, if any, blow my brains out like this one did.

Naturally, I had to have a look at the synastry scores to see what was going on. Poppy is a 6/19/1975 Gemini, cusping on Cancer, born in Sydney Australia. She happens to be a gorgeous red-head also.

As a rule, I am not all that thrilled by Geminis. They make good buddies, but the girls don't often flip my lid. When they do, they really do, however. What does Sirus 1.1 have to say about the situation? Nothing to warrant a synastry reaction. Check this out:

1. Romantic and Sexual Attraction: 104
2. Similarity of Interests and Temperament: 229
3. Mutual Success and High Achievement: 21
4. Problem Solving, Communication, and Mutual Understanding: 61
5. Mutual Kindness, Friendliness, Pleasantness, and Peace: 32
6. Aggressiveness, Competition, Power, Success, or Violence: 0
7. Adventurousness, Surprises, Disturbances: 88
8. Shared Creativity, Imagination, and Inspiration: 68

I've learned that whenever my gut disagrees with the scores, it is time to have a look at the planet lineup, and see what Sirus missed. So it was this time. Consider the following snapshot of data:






As you will notice, her Moon is in Libra, mine is in Aries. Roughly speaking, this is a 180 degree opposition. What do we know about opposition? Opposites attract and balance one another. Now this is not precisely a 180 degree angle. It's more like 158, but let's not split hairs. She is a lunar Libra, and I am a Lunar Aries.

Now consider the all-important Mars vs. Venus aspects. These are the most important key determinants in sexual attraction. My Mars is a 5 degrees Leo. Her Venus is at 12 degrees Leo. That is what we call a conjunction folks. When his Mars conjuncts her Venus the two of them are going to react to each other. This is one of the most powerful guarantees of sexual attraction in the book. Here we see it strike once again. Sirus just flat-cold missed it.

Incidentally, I encountered this same conjunction earlier in the summer with that 8/19/1990 Leo girl I mentioned. There was a big reaction there. Still love her to death, folks, but it is better that she find a guy closer to her in age.

But wait! There is still more. Notice that Poppy's Mars is at 21 degrees 18 minutes Aries. Notice that my Venus is at 22 degrees 04 minutes Leo. This is close to a perfect Trine, or 120 degree angle. This is the most favorable angle possible. It may not produce quite the high level of attraction as conjunction or opposition, but it leads to far better things. It is better in quality. Once again, the scoring engine in Sirus blew it. It just flat cold missed on this Trine.

What does the Trine found here mean? It means she would pursue me almost as hard as I would pursue her. She would be on offense, and I would be on offense. Nobody would play any defense.

One more thing: My moon Trines up with her Venus. This leads to very nice emotional understanding and harmony. Why the Sirus engine declares low pleasantness and peace between us I will never understand.

It is true that Sirus makes bad predictions, but this is only because the software fails to identify key and clear aspects that are there in the charts. If the software identified these aspects and scored them correctly, we would see a big score here.

This one should not score less than 300 points. There is some elemental conflict between Gemini and Virgo, but it ain't that bad. I can testify that these two signs love to chat together. We are both Mercurial.

I need to make sure my engine catches these things and scores them correctly.