This week, I find myself in discord with the so-called experts. I disagree with them on many picks. I usually make my picks before they do, so I seldom ref what they are saying before making my picks. When I looked at the ESPN crowd here, I was downright shocked by some of their picks. "Why would you say that...?"
- Why would you favor the Steelers over the Titans? Because they are at home? Because they are a super-elite team? The Steelers can't protect their QB worth shit. Big Ben is already ripped to shreds. The Super Bowl looser's jinx be upon them. I have lost too many games this year betting against the Titans. The Titans can protect their QB, and I think they are going to run like hell against the Steelers.
- Why favor the Texans over the Raiders in this game? Because they are at home? I don't believe the death of Al Davis will be a factor, but I do believe the loss of Andre Johnson will be a huge factor. I don't think Matt is a good enough QB to survive the loss of the ultimate beat receiver in football. Chris Mortensen sees this game coming down to a single field-goal. If so, I bet on Sea-Bass.
- Why favor the Colts over the Chiefs? Because they are at home? They are win-less right now, and the Chiefs are starting to play better, actually winning one against the Vikings. I can't bet on Curtis Painter.
- Why in the name of God would you favor the Vikings over the Cards? Because they are at home? Bloody hell... The Vikings are the most snake-bit team in league history, and this is their most snake-bit year. I know the Cards are disappointing the hell out of their fans, but I firmly believe the Vikings will find a way to loose this football game, even if they get out to a giant lead.
- Why would you favor the 49ers over the Bucs? Because they are at home? The Bucs are a good team that are actually going places. The 49ers are scheduled to resume life as a pumpkin soon. I can see no reason to favor the 49ers in this game.
These are a few of the significant disagreements we have this week.