Tuesday, October 25, 2011

189.8?

Not much time for a real blog entry this morning, but I had to make note of this result.  The score a few moments ago was 189.8 English pounds on the Tanita scale.  You know it would be lower on the Bod Pod.

Wow... shocking... and terrifying.  Just when I had written off all further gross-weight scale-loss, this burst happens.  You know I declared there was a 0.00% chance of me weighing in at less than 190 pounds when Bod Pod XIII rolls around this Friday morning.  Well, it looks like I may well weigh in at less than 190 pounds.

To what do I owe this sudden burst of progress?  It has to be the CrossFit training.  This is the only shakeup in my training regime that is likely to produce such results.  The three weight training sessions I did with Aaron are unlikely to produce weight loss, but rather weight gain.  I'm sore in all kinds of places I haven't felt in a long time, so I am absolutely working out different muscle groups in different ways during these workouts.  It would seem my body is responding to this new stress with a new wave of weight loss.

Still, the implications of going under 190 are fairly staggering.  This is officially the lowest my body weight has gone in my entire adult life.  I don't know how I like this idea.  The notion of being under 190 is horrifying to me.  Still, I know I have plenty of fat left to loose, so I should be grateful.  I just need to replace it with lean muscle mass and get back over 190.