Friday, August 20, 2010

The poet of baseball, Yogi Berra


Just a few of my favorite Yogi quotes

A nickel aint worth a dime anymore.

The future ain't what it used to be.

Baseball is 90% mental. They other half is physical.

The sad truth is that 95% of the people are far below average.

Half the lies they tell you about me aren't true.

I never said most of the things I said.

We made too many wrong mistakes.

Even Napoleon had Watergate.

If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be.

I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.

I wish I had an answer for that, because I am tired of answering that question.

If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer.

Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours.

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

It was impossible to get a conversation going. Everybody was talking too much.

You better cut that pizza into four pieces. I'm not hungry enough to eat six.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.

It gets late early out here.

The other team could make trouble for us if they win.

You wouldn't have won if we had beat you.

It was just like Deja Vu all over again.

It's not over till it's over.

He hits from both side of the plate. He's amphibious.

How can you think and hit at the same time?