Monday, September 26, 2011

2011 NFL Season, Week 3 Outcomes

Well, my record dropped to 10-6 this week.  That's a mighty fall from the lofty 14-2 record I scored last week.  There were plenty of surprises.

I was more than a little surprised the Giants handed it to the Eagles.  Michael Vick is officially snake-bit.  The guy just can't seem to stay healthy.  The so-called dream team is now 1-2, and in last place in the NFC East.  They would remind me that their sole victory came at the expense of my team, the Rams.

The Raiders over the Jets was an out-and-out shocker.  I never even dreamed that might happen.  Rex Ryan's defense is falling apart.  He can take solace in the fact that Bill Belichick's defense is also falling apart.  But then again, the NFL has illegalised the playing of defense, now haven't they?

The Jets have done themselves a real disservice.  Now they have to face the toughest team in the AFC, the Baltimore Ravens.  I doubt many will favor the Jets in this game.  I certainly won't.

The 49ers over the Bengals was mildly surprising, but these are two poor and rebuilding football teams.  When one bad team defeats another bad team, the outcome cannot be described as shocking.  I am just surprised the road team won in this match up.



I was astounded the Cardinals lost the Seahawks.  They have no one to blame but themselves.  That game was theirs to win.  They laid an egg in a very winnable game.

I am officially getting off the Atlanta bandwagon.  They have not looked particularly sharp in any of their games, and Matty Ice is having serious problems with ball security.  Their only victory was won over a suspect Eagles team that is 1-2 and in last place in the NFC East.  The Falcons are officially on my suspect list

The Cowboys and Redskins just finished an ugly defensive struggle in which neither team seemed to be able to protect their QB worth a shit.  Terrible, just terrible.  In any case, Romo survived and played the entire game.  I am surprised the Cowboys prevailed, but I knew this was a close match.