Sunday, January 2, 2011

So I discovered my buddy has been holding out on me...

I made a surprising discovery last night. It all began when I went over to my buddies house to watch the Rose Bowl. This turned out to be the only good Bowl Game of the day, as TCU prevailed 21-19 and completed a perfect season.

Immediately after the game, we were making idle chit-chat with Colin's wife whilst watching the "America's worst cooks" on the Food Network. I guessed that Chef Anne Burrell was a Cardinal sign because she is a bossy coach, not a mild mannered teacher. I supposed that she was either an Aries or a Capricorn, and probably a Capricorn.

[As it turns out, Anne Burrell has conflicting dates of birth, but she is probably an Aries.]

Immediately, Valerie agreed with me, stating her sister was all three of these things: deep into cooking, a bossy coach, and a Capricorn. For the record, Valerie is the older sister, and a Taurus. Colin is a Cancer. Cancer and Taurus go well together in general, so I am not surprised they have lasted 16 years, and are still going strong.

But I digress...

My eyes just about bugged out of my head when I discovered that:
  1. Valarie had a sister.
  2. This sister was younger, and actually the youngest of her clan.
  3. She's into cooking
  4. She is a Capricorn.
It gets better. Colin later informed me that she is a computer scientist, and recently single again... not that she was ever married. Rather, she realized that the long-term boyfriend would never ask her to marry him, so she ended it. For the record, Valarie is a French-Brazilian girl, and so too is her sister.

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in my buddy Colin. I can't believe he would hold out on me like that. He knows damn well that I greatly prefer the Capricorn women, and it sounds like he has a perfect candidate. As I said before, when Capricorn and Virgo team up, there is tremendous dynamism. We go together like ice cream and apple pie, like popcorn and butter, like brick and mortar.

Personally, I am not to worried about the bossy shit. That doesn't usually manifest itself between Capricorn and Virgo. There is a cooperative spirit between us... usually. The bossiness is usually for everybody else.