Friday, December 18, 2009

Quick comment on CBS's Draft Prospects

Just discovered a very interesting page here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Of course, this is just the early opinion of one group. It has been done long before the final draft order has been established, and it has been done prior to the combine. Real millage will vary like crazy.

I'll tell you what I like about it:
  1. Colt McCoy & Tim Tebow are the top ranked QBs, and they both get 1st round rankings. It is good to see these two young men get some respect.
  2. Ndomukong Suh is the top prospect
  3. Taylor Mays is way up the list
I'll tell you what I don't like about it:
  1. The list does not seem to include any of the under-classmen who have declared already (e.g. Clausen)
  2. Terrance (mount) Cody is ranked way too low at #24. I can almost assure you he will go a lot higher than that, fatass and all. The nose tackle is a crucial position for all 3-4 teams, and Cleveland happens to be in need.
  3. I don't know about this Russell Okung guy at the #2 slot. Yes, he is a Offensive Tackle. Maybe he is the best one in the draft. No, that doesn't automatically mean he will be the #2 pick, even if the Rams or Bucs are drafting there.
Overall, I find this list intriguing. I am going to study it some more and keep up to date as they post changes. This is good.