Monday, December 7, 2009

It is so good to not to be a member of the Sports media

A friend just asked me if I wanted to change careers and become a sports writer/radio/tv personality. I can't say with a straight face that I haven't fantasized about being the play-by-play man for Football games. That would be insainly great. I can't say I haven't fantasized about being the color man for Football games. That would be fantastic.

How about a radio talk show guy? Nope. I can't go there and I can't do that. Why? Because you have to talk about sex scandals instead of the BCS bowl picture, the Super Bowl playoffs, and the draft. You have to talk about golfers at time when we should be talking matchups in bowl games. You have to talk about whether assholes have broken the Man-Code rather than discus the fact that we are coming down to the last 3-4 games of the NFL regular season. Further, you have to take phone calls from buffoons who cannot formulate a 3 word grammatical sentence.

I am happy I am not in that industry. I can gladly ignore TMZ.com. Troy Aikman has a hell of a good job. Nobody asks him anything about Tiger Woods, Charlie Weis, or Pete Carroll. I would love that job.