Why? Let me give you a list of reasons why:
- Jim Irsay is a Gemini
- Robert Griffin III is an Aquarius
- A number of astrological programs I own predict Irsay will like Griffin better than Luck.
- This is pretty straightforward, if you understand the theory behind it, but there are some interesting wrinkles in this pile of numbers.
- Jim Irsay has been making some emotional and intuitive decisions lately... like the decision to fire Vice-Chairman Bill Polian.
- When decisions are made at the gut-level, you chose the kid you like better, rather than the one who comes most-highly recommended.
- In terms of pure combine numbers, it is likely Griffin will out-perform Luck at the track-meet in Indianapolis. This will provide a fig-leaf of science to cover pure choice by preference.
- Robert Griffin III will 'fit' with current Colt personnel such as Dallas Clark, Pierre Garcon, and Donald Brown somewhat better than Andrew Luck will. These are three of the survivors expected to come forward into the new era of Colt football.
- Many voices are muttering and murmuring about the coming era of the super-mobile athletic quarterback. Of course, it's guys like Steve Young, Michael Vick, Tim Tebow and Cam Newton who created this buzz. RGIII is expected to raise that buzz. Many traditionalists reject this argument vehemently. I suspect that Irsay will be willing to give it a try.
The interesting wrinkle is that some software programs predict Irsay will like Griffin better on first contact, but get along better with Luck over the long-term.
Every have one of those relationships? You like somebody a lot at first, only to discover you don't get along that well in the long-run? Ever have a luke-warm to cold reaction to someone at first, only to discover you are highly compatible later on?
This is basically what the Astrological software predicts. Irsay is going to like Robert Griffin a lot when he first meets him, but it may be a difficult marriage in the long run. Irsay's first meeting with Andrew Luck is going to leave him cold. He's just not going to have a good or strong feeling about drafting Andrew. If he does, it should work out fine in the long run.
Beware of those gut-level and intuitive reactions to people. You can't always trust your feelings. As the scientists say, try to disprove your theory, don't try to prove your theory. You're heart can tell lies.