Thursday, February 16, 2012

What the hell happened to my NFL radio (XM 88)?!?!?!

Okay, I'm pissed.  Yesterday morning I get into my (relatively new) Hyundai Genesis 2012, and the XM radio shows channel 0.  I don't think anything of it at first, as I am in an underground security parking lot.  No XM signal with hundreds of tons of concrete and building over your heat.  You must have an unrestricted shot at the sky if you want an XM signal.

However, the situation did not change as I surfaced and entered the streets.  The radio continued to show channel 0.  I went to the Sports category and could not find NFL Radio 88.  I tried to dial in 88 specifically.  Nope.  No dice.  The channel kept hopping from 87 to 89.  Now, I am really pissed.

I check the XM website to see in NFL Radio has gone bankrupt or suffered a plan shutdown, and I get nothing.  Now I am even more pissed.  I tried call XM radio to see what happend.  They tell me to call back during normal business hours.

I am looking around for an explanation here.  This is by far the best source of information during business season, and I was really enjoying this.  I am not going to re-up when my trial ends unless I have this channel.

Understand, I am the type of dude who gets DirectTV because of the NFL Ticket, and uses Verizon because of NFL Mobile.  Yep, I am one of those guys.  If Sirius XM can't given me NFL Radio, I am out Jack!