The Mayan calendar will complete it's 13th Baktun exactly 1 year from today. 13 Baktun are equal to 5,125 years, and that is the interval of the Mayan Long-Count calendar. We are just 366 days away from the completion of the 13th Baktun. 2012 is a leap year. There will be a new crop of Feb 29 Pisces babies this year. They won't last long, but there will be a fresh crop of leap-year Pisces babies.
Today is December 21, 2011. This means we have 366 days left until the Eschatological event. What eschatological event? Well, nobody seems to agree on that subject.
The Maya are fairly clear that the mysterious god Bolon Yokte will return on 12/21/2012, but that doesn't stop theorists from disusing subjects such as:
- Magnetic pole reversals
- The failure of Earth's magnetic shield
- The awaking of the largest volcano in the world, which just happens to be underneath most of Yellowstone National Park.
- Global seismic events.
- Tidal waves and floods
- Exposure to super-massive gamma radiation bursts emanating from the super-massive black hole at the center of the Milky Way, just as our solar system enter the galactic rift of Sagittarius.
- Swift and violent global climatic changes
- The absolute breakdown of social order due to famine and drought. Hide your kids, hide your wives, and hide your husbands, 'cause their raping everybody out there.
To be clear, Bolon Yokte is a sort of apocalyptic judgement figure in Mayan mythology. His arrival is associated with calamity that will end one epoch of the world, and begin a new one.
Erich Von Daniken would tell you Bolon Yokte is an ancient astronaut. He is an extra terrestrial who visited with the Maya way back when in the day. Von Daniken would probably entertain the idea that Bolon Yokte may return on 12/21/2012
Any which way you slice it, we are speaking of the absolute end of the world as we know it. We are talking about the renewal of the world, which naturally implies the death of the old world.
So who cares about the Maya? Well, the Chinese I-Ching also happens to run out on 12/21/2012. Further, the Hopi Prophecy rock (which is a real muther to explain) also happens to identify 12/21/2012 as the big day of the big event. There is some weirdness happening here.
As we all know, Christians have been seeing the signs of the times and beginnings of the birth pangs for some 40-50 years now. It just might be time.
Good luck folks. Live this year like it is going to be your last.
There is a famous Taurus dude named Tim McGraw (married to the one perfect Virgo woman, Faith Hill) who did a song called "Live like You Were Dying". This is the theme song for 2012.