Saturday, December 17, 2011

2011 NFL Season Week 13 and 14 results

I just realized that I need to catch-up on a little household accounting project here.  I failed to post my results from week 13 and 14.  Without further ado, here they are.


As you can see, I did not measure up to my own lofty standards.  On week 13, I scored an 11-5 record.  Whilst that is a winning record, it is not particularly impressive winning record.  I was very disapointed in myself on week 13.  I seldom see 5 losses.  However, I whupped the crap out of every prognosticator in the ESPN gang.  Have a look at it for yourself.  You can see it here.   As per usual, Mark Schlereth was the best man with a 10-6 record.  I beat him by one game

I was not so lucky or good on Week 14:

I failed to post my predictions before the Thursday night game, so I missed and easy and free victory.  Every half-assed guy picked the Steelers.  I would have also.  Still, my record was 10-5.  Some times you win, and sometimes you get your ass kicked in.

Many ESPN analysts beat me on Week 14.  Most of those were half-game victories, but Schlereth got me by 1.5 and Seth Wickersham busted me by 2.5 games.  I can't say it doesn't hurt.  I'm sore. I am accustomed to beating these guys.

I'm going to have to do a better job this week.  I need to tighten up and get right.  Overall, I am just 21-10 over the past two weeks.  That's a 67.74% winning percentage, but that's not so hot.  I want to get back into the 80% region.