Saturday, December 17, 2011

2011 NFL Season, Week 15 Predictions

There has been a substantial degree of unpredictability and noise in the system over the past two weeks.  We are encountering turbulence.  We are seeing some inconsistency from contenders, upsets from low-dogs, and even some remarkable perseverance from on contender.  That would be the Houston Texans.

If Jim Harbaugh were not a lock for NFL Coach of the year, I would say Gary Kubiak is the man.


Anyhow, this is the best I can do for Week 15.  I have a queezy feeling in stomach about the following games:

  1. Cowboys @ Bucs:  The Cowboys are doing their December Swoon thing again.
  2. Dolphins @ Bills:  Predicting which tomato can will show up for work on Sunday is always difficult.
  3. Panthers @ Texans:  Super Cam is coming to town.  The Texans have been surviving everything this season, so I am going to roll with them. However, Super Cam represents a sizable, credible threat.
  4. Jets @ Eagles:  The Eagles are the NFL team that has pissed me off more than any other this season. If I was a betting man, I would have lost millions on them by now.  I cannot fathom when these little fuckers are going to get up and play, and when they won't.  Inconsistent and unpredictable dirty bastards...
  5. Patriots @ Broncos:  This is the game of the week.  I heard Jim Rome prophesying in the Spirit on Friday.  He declared that if the Patriots got out to a lead, failed to put the Broncos down, and Tebow rallies them one more time, the Internet is going to break.  Nothing will contain the tidal wave of response.  Yup!  That's right.  The Internet is going down on Sunday evening.  Prepare for a huge outage of the World Wide Web.
  6. Steelers @ 49ers:  Are the 49ers in a swoon?  With Roethlisberger play despite his numerous injuries?  There are a lot of uncertainties in this game.  One thing I know:  Roethlisberger is hurt, and you can't run on the 49ers in their house.