Wednesday, November 23, 2011

2011 NFL Season, Week 12 Predictions

So, be warned:  I have two totally unjustifiable homer picks on my slate today.  I picked my Rams against the Cardinals, even thought I am skeptical that we will win.  I pick the Broncos against the Chargers, even thought I think it's a 50/50 toss up.

The two big games on the horizon are the 49ers @ Ravens and Giants @ Saints.

The first is a game pitting the #2 and #3 ranked powers in the NFL... and the coaches are brothers too.  This should spoil Thanksgiving dinner for sure.  It's a tough pick, but I have to go with my gut on this one.  I think the 49ers prevail.  The Ravens are coming off another gutsy emotional win in the conference.  That means it's time for a let-down.  They also lack Ray Lewis in the middle.  I don't like any of these facts.  Although it pains me to do it, I must pick the 49ers here.

The second game pits the Giants and the Saints, and it's a game that may determine the top-wildcard birth in the NFC.  Although it pains me to say it, I think the Giants are going to lose their 3rd straight game.  I think the Saints and their home-field advantage will be overwhelming in this game.  Their loss to the Eagles really shook my confidence in the Giants.

The rest of the games are pretty straight up-and-down choices.