Thursday, November 3, 2011

189.8 Revisited

For the record, my weight this morning was 189.8 pounds on the Tanita scale.  Naturally, it would be lower on the Bod Pod.  May hap even 188.9.  I am not particularly concerned about this for... errr... embarrassing reasons.

Sometimes I forget I am a gastric bypass patient and I mistake myself for Superman.  Such was the case last night.  I had some movie popcorn and some Crunchabunchas together.  This was a bad mistake.  It resulted in a horrendous case of diarrhea.  This forced me out of bed in the middle of the night twice.  Fortunately, it was over and done by the time court resumed this morning.  I am stuck on jury duty, incidentally.

The moral of the story is that I still have relatively sensitive digestion, and I need to be very careful when combining junk foods in odd ways.  The sharp reduction under 190, is probably a temporary phenomenon due to the fact that I was fairly dehydrated this morning.  People dehydrate sharply due to diarrhea.  In some parts of the world, they even die due to dehydration and electrolyte imbalances.  It happens.

I won't speculate about Bod Pod XIV based on these temporary findings.