Monday, November 14, 2011

2011 NFL Season, Week 10 Results

It was an absolutely dreadful week.  My record was a paltry 8-7, just one game above .500!  Unbelievable!

It wasn't a good weekend for the ESPN crew either.  Eric Allen beat me with a record of 10-6, and Wickersham edged me with a record of 9-7, but nobody else did.  All our prediction records took a hit this weekend.  Mike Golic brought up the rear with a record of 5-11.  You can see their scores here.

So why the disaster this weekend?  Because we had a few major upsets and some very difficult choices to make this week.  Nobody but nobody expected the Seahawks to beat the Ravens.  Nobody but nobody expected the Cardinals to beat the Eagles in their crib.  Few expected the Broncos to win, but I did.  I don't know why you would pick the Chiefs these days.

There were also tough choices like the Saints vs. Falcons, Jets vs. Patriots, Cowboys vs. Bills, and 49ers vs. Giants. Now the Cowboy game turned out to be shockingly lopsided, and so was the Patriot game, but other than that, we saw close fights.

I will return to my high-percentage ways this coming week, I assure you of that.