Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Which 2010 QB will have the best NFL career?















I just noted a fun poll in the Orlando Sentinel, so I thought I would throw up a blog on the subject. A nice little piece was written on Tebow at the combine, and the Sentinel used this opportunity to ask its readership whom they thought would have the best Pro Career among 2010 QB candidates. Guess who won? I was pleased to see that people have some faith in Tim Tebow.

Of course this is non-scientific, and Orlando people can be biased by local politics. Take it from me, I am scientific and not from Florida, and have never even visited Florida: Tebow will have the best Pro career. The kid has unlimited athletic gifts, astounding drive, super ethics, great leadership. So he has a little mechanical problem! No big deal. Why do you think he can learn tightend routes rather than something easy like a 5 step drop? The people have this one right. The scouts have this one wrong.

When history is written, we there will be no doubt that Tebow had an incredible career.

I want to hit just one more key point before ending this blog entry. Suppose D'Marco Farr is correct. Suppose that Marc Bulger's career perished because of his lack of charisma and leadership presence. If this is indeed true, tell me who we should draft? Do you draft another QB with great athleticism and mechanics, but a fragile body and/or questionable leadership presence? No. Should we draft a QB with unquestionable leadership presence and intangibles off the scale? Yes.