Friday, June 17, 2011

Some stunning proofs that the Sirus Engine actually works.. but not perfectly.

As you know, one of my recurring themes on this blog (lately) has been my desire to test the accuracy of the Synastry Engine found in Sirus 1.1. I have my reservations about the specific design parameters of this software, but are the ideas behind it sound? How sound are they? Can they be tested? If they are tested, will they pass any tests?

Looking for proof is getting easier and easier these days. Suddenly, I am finding all manner of evidence... at work. With my weight now down to 240.4 pounds, and paltry 10.4 pounds away from the magic 100 pound weight loss figure, females are beginning to surface. Furthermore, several previously known candidates have had there birthdays in the past 45 days.

Let me explain it to you.

Case #1: The Young Lioness

Just a few weeks ago, a young lady from USC joined our ranks. The two of us hit it off rather immediately. It turns out her birthday is 8/19/1990. Yes, I know. This means that I am very nearly 24 years older than she is. I am quite literally old enough to be her father. For all I know, I just may be older than her father.

Nonetheless, this is the one circulating rumors in the office that I look like Gerard Butler. She has shown an assortment of other signs of interest (such as inviting me to a USC Sorority party) that I won't go into.

The feeling is mutual. I love her to death. Frankly, I'm losing sleep over her. I am greatly saddened by the fact that I am just to damn old for her. If I were 10 years younger, there is no doubt I would be after her like a dog after a bone.

Nonetheless, the notion of hurting this girl is absolutely out of the question. I would shoot myself before injuring her. Because I cannot see a happy conclusion to this thing for her, I believe I have to leave well enough alone. This makes me very melancholic, but it has to be this way.

What does Sirus say?

1. Romantic and Sexual Attraction: 241
2. Similarity of Interests and Temperament: 0
3. Mutual Success and High Achievement: 39
4. Problem Solving, Communication, and Mutual Understanding: 115
5. Mutual Kindness, Friendliness, Pleasantness, and Peace: 150
6. Aggressiveness, Competition, Power, Success, or Violence: 0
7. Adventurousness, Surprises, Disturbances: 163
8. Shared Creativity, Imagination, and Inspiration: 115

The one ranking I would seriously dispute is line 2. She actually has a keen interest in football. We have already talked football a few times. I also made her Chicken Gumbo and Risotto. This triggered a 3 day running debate between her and some other office girls on the topic of how much older can a guy be before he's too old to date? I bullshit you not.

Anyway... the mere fact that 20 year old girl would bond with a 44 (nearly 45) year old guy at work is extremely improbable at best. Why would this happen?

If you look at the two charts, it's pretty straight-forward. She is mostly Fire and Earth, with little Water and no Air. I am mostly Fire and Earth, with little Water and no Air. She is an Air Adept. I am an Air Adept. It get's better. Her Mercury is in Virgo. My Mercury is in Virgo. Her fire is entirely Leo. My fire is mostly Leo. Her Venus is in Leo. My Venus is in Leo. My Mars is also in Leo. My Mars conjuncts her Venus EXACTLY.

As you know the conjunction of Mars and Venus is a dead-sure sign of attraction.

I could tell you more about my sorrows in this case, but this would be off point. The key point is that there was a fairly massive synastry reaction, and computer said it would be so. It also gives clear-cut reasons why this would be true. You may not agree with any of the precepts, but the system obtained reasonably accurate results.

Case #2: The Cancer Girl

About a year ago, our company hired a new graduate Cancer girl straight out of U.C. Berkeley. She took a fairly immediate interest in me, even when I weighed 330 pounds. It was a terrible time for me as I was suffering a lot from arthritis, and prepping for gastric bypass, which I thought was immanent, so I didn't do anything about it. I think she understood I was not in the best of health, and she kind of backed away... for a time.

Lately she has been coming straight at me, which is most unusual for a Cancer girl. These are extremely femme and maternal women, who are usually very indirect. The word associated with Cancer women is circumambulation. They kind of move around the object of their affections. They don't go straight at 'em. If you have ever seen crabs do the mating dance, they kind of circle around and around each other like a couple of boxers in a ring. This is what Cancer women are know for.

Not this one; not by a long shot. You might say she circumambulated in the beginning, but not anymore. Perhaps she has tired of the indirect approach (because it is not producing the results she wants) and she's going direct now.

It just so happens that her birthday 6/25 of an unknown year. I could ask, but she would certainly know why I am asking. She would want to know the scores. Given her physical age, and the fact she just graduated from college about 1 year ago, there are a limited number of years she might hail from. The only thing I needed to do was look up 6/25 in each of the possible years and compare them to my chart.

Based on my research, I would say the year has to be 1985. She could very well be turning 26 this year. Also, there really isn't another workable option. No other 6/25 score produces much of anything in terms of synastry. Her birthday is coming up in just 8 days. I will find out for sure then. I am laying down the prediction that her birthday is 6/25/1985.

Suppose it is 6/25/1985? What does Sirus say?

1. Romantic and Sexual Attraction: 227
2. Similarity of Interests and Temperament: 200
3. Mutual Success and High Achievement: 59
4. Problem Solving, Communication, and Mutual Understanding: 148
5. Mutual Kindness, Friendliness, Pleasantness, and Peace: 291
6. Aggressiveness, Competition, Power, Success, or Violence: 41
7. Adventurousness, Surprises, Disturbances: 88
8. Shared Creativity, Imagination, and Inspiration: 157

With scores like that, I aught to be crazy about her. Why don't I feel monster magnets hauling me in? Perhaps it is because she is a woman of fairly strong religious and cultural attachments... Attachments I don't share. At age 44, I have been down that road before in an assortment of different ways. Never once has it worked out. It has always turned out badly.

I know why match makers claim that there needs to be a commonality of culture.

Perhaps I wrote this one off immediately due to these attachments. Nevertheless, I am suspicious of this hypothesis. If the scores really are that good, I should feel the temptation. There would be a magnetic pull. I really don't feel those monster magnets pulling, as I have in the past. I like her just fine. I think she's great in her own way. I think the pleasantness and peace score is reasonable.

Much depends on her birth year. We shall see.

Case #3: The Brazilian Taurus

A couple of years ago, a girl from Brazil joined our deposits section. The first time I saw her in the company kitchen, I had an immediate synastry reaction to her. WHO IS THAT GIRL!?!? I tried not to stare at her. Most of you would not find her beautiful. That didn't matter to me. I was immediately attracted to her. The monster magnets were pulling.

It turns out she was born 5/8/1979 at 7:35 AM in Curitiba Brazil. How do I know that? She gave me that information personally. It turns out her score is 231. If you were to simply examine our two charts, you would say that score is preposterously low.
  • Her Ascendant is Taurus, mine is Virgo (Trine)
  • Her sun is in Taurus, mine Virgo (Trine)
  • Her moon is in Libra, mine Aries (180 degree opposition)
  • Her Venus is in Aries, mine Leo (Trine)
  • Her Mars is in Aries, mine is Leo (Trine)
Frankly, I am not sure why the score isn't 639. Four trines and an opposition in the personal planets??? Give me a break! That is a nuclear fuel cocktail. 231 looks bloody low given that lineup. A professional astrologer would look at that lineup and declare "You two were made for each other."

The problem was, at the time, she was married and getting divorced. I was not in the best of health. I am getting healthy at a rapid pace. She's healing up and getting over it.

I like her very, very much. I think she is extremely cool. She has signaled me with her interest. The only reason I hesitate is because I know it will work out. Does that sound odd to you? Before I start that big bolder rolling down the hill, I better make damn sure I want to let it smash everything in it's path. There ain't going to be no stopping it if it starts rolling.

This could be crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy, off the hook crazy.

Case Four: Top Gemini Discovered

Just a week or so ago, I wrote a blog called "I ain't feeling you, Gemini". In that blog entry, I mentioned that my top Gemini score was born on 6/16/1982.

It just so happens that there is another Brazilian girl in our company who was born on 6/16/1982 in Sao Paulo... and she is best buddies with the Taurus... and I had no idea she was Top Gemini until today.

I have to tell you that this news came as a great shock to me. This girl has been trying to get my attention for four years now. She has sent me about 301 signals that she is interested. She has always gone out of her way to be extraordinarily nice to me. Although there is some attraction there, I never suspected for one moment that she was Top Gemini.

So why haven't I taken the bait? I hate to sound like a chick, but I have a deep and abiding sense that it just would not work out. I believe it would end, and I believe it would end messy, not clean. I don't know why I am so certain without evidence that this is true. This certainty arises from unknown sources.

If I can put my finger on anything, I can only tell you she reminds me a little of my older sister. My older sister and I are infamous advasaries. Our aggression score is 650, and that is no exaggeration of the real facts. Just ask our mutual parents. Anyone who reminds me at all of my elder sister immediately reminds me of an ancient enemy, and immediately gets a red flag warning.

Now, Top Gemini happens to have an aggression score score of ZERO, and I think that just may be accurate. I doubt I would fight with her.

I have to say that this discovery has disturbed me greatly today. It forced me to wonder if I have been unfair to her, and if I have been missing out on a very good thing. She would certainly say the answer is YES. One thing is for sure: If I were to construct a leader board of the girls with the top score in the building, Top Gemini would be at the #1 spot, and she would have an 86 point lead on her next closest pursuer.

Discussion

If I were to summarize the performance of the Sirus 1.1 synastry engine in this case I would say two things about it: It's stunning, but still somewhat inaccurate. It produces remarkable results, but they are still off my significant margins in an assortment of ways.

If we were to rank these four office girls according to Sirus engine, they would order in this fashion:
  1. Top Gemini 327
  2. Little Leo 241
  3. Brazilian Taurus 231
  4. Cancer Girl 225
If I were to rank them according to my immediate reactions to them, I would order them this way:
  1. Brazilian Taurus
  2. Little Leo
  3. Top Gemini
  4. Cancer Girl
There is not much gap between 1 & 2. There is a big gap between 2 & 3.

If I were to rank them according to my current interest level, they would go like this:
  1. Little Leo
  2. Brazilian Taurus
  3. Top Gemini
  4. Cancer Girl
Yep, that's right. If Commissioner Goodell called this draft to order, put me on the clock, and gave me 15 minutes to make my decision, I would shock the world and draft the girl nearly 24 years younger than me. I am sure the critics would have a field day. My fans would be fulminating over my draft.

Mind you, I have never gone out with any one of these four females. Everything changes in the dynamics of a dating situation. You never know until you know. Still, this is how I currently see it.

The most important take away message from this blog entry is as follows: The Sirus engine is generally on track, but it isn't perfect. The arrow points in the right direction, but it is somewhat crooked. A real astrologer can look at two charts, such as mine and the Brazilian Taurus, and clearly see that the numerical score is way, way, way too low. The same dude could look at a chart like mine and Top Gemini and seriously question why the scores are as high as they are.

In reality, my experience as one of the two subjects in each of these real-world experience is close to, but not quite in line with the predictions of the system.

Final Word

I still believe we need a new engine that differentiates between good and bad types of attraction. It needs to distinguish between types of attraction that are durable and evanescent. Furthermore, there are clear cut signs as to which party will be more attracted, and which less. This also needs to be spelled out. The score is not the same for both parties involved, and evidence for this can be seen in the two charts.