Monday, January 2, 2012

I got big balls

Pardon me whilst I gloat for a few moments.  I am having a very good day.  My team has unloaded Billy Devaney and we have the opportunity to replace him with Bill Polian.  That will terminate a whole bunch of dysfunction in our organization, if we can pull it off.

I am rising a loaf of pumpernickel bread in the kitchen, and...


Better still, I purchased a 70 pound Cap Kettlebell  and proceeded to worked out like a vicious beast at my gym this evening.  This was my drill list

  1. Dumbell bench press
  2. Halo
  3. Swing
  4. Turkish Get Up
  5. Sumo Chin (facing the wall)
  6. Clean and press

I benched with a pair of 70 pound dumbells.  The Gireviks are quite correct.  The 70 pound dumbell is a lot lighter than 70 pound kettlebell.  I would invite you to lift and see.   I used my 60 pounder in the Halo, Swing, and Sumo Chin.  I used the 70 pounder in the Swing and the Sumo Chin.  I can't halo with the 70 pounder just yet.  Soon!  Very soon!

More important than any of this was my success with the Turkish Get Up.  I was able to perform 5 good reps with each arm using the 20lb kettlebell for the first time.  For the very first time, I felt as if I was performing this exercise with good control and decent form.  I did not bang-up my knee caps, which is an important thing to a surgically repaired dude like me.

Best of all, my hands feel pretty decent.  My left feels normal, and my right is just a little numb.  I am pretty happy about that.

Furthermore, an unidentified female entered the crossfit gym, and just felt an overwhelming compulsion to man-handle one of my balls.  She grabbed the 60 and asked how much it weighed.  I told her 60.  She felt compelled to try swinging it, and she did a pretty good job for 6 or 7 reps.  I was impressed.

You know that is an extremely flirtatious thing to do.  She was trying to send the message that she was a good strength match for me.  We'll see.  I didn't feel a particular synastry reaction with this woman.