Friday, February 5, 2010

High School class reunions? How strange...

Today, the unrelenting radio sports bullshit regarding SB44 broke wide-open, but only for a few minutes. Some local sports talk guys here in L.A. were tired of talking about subjects out of their depth of knowledge, so they decided to talk about something within the scope of their IQs: High School class reunions.

How strange... It was so strange, in fact, that I stopped and listened to them. It was good relief. So what did these jokers come up with? People go to the reunions stag, so they can see if they can finally hook up with that hottie they were despirate for back in the days of high hormones and low budgets.

Interesting...

I personally cannot relate to that subject at all. My High School was quite impoverished when it came to Beautiful young women. I hate to say that, but it is true. The Bullard class of 1984 really only had 2 outstanding beauties. We had a lot of social busybodies who tried to be hot, but were not.

I met one of the two beautiful women in my graduating class at Super Cuts in the year 1991. I fresh off the plane, returning from the United States Army. It was my goal to finally finish college. Lisa was cutting hair at Super Cuts for God knows how little per hour and per day. Life had not treated her well. She had fallen in love with a Norse exchange student I never met. She was impregnated by him, and he returned to Norway quickly. She was then a single mother. Later in life, I heard rumors that she did not marry well.

The other hottie wounded me tremendously. I have never wanted to meet up with her again.

The 10, 20 and 25 year reunions of the Bullard class of 1984 have already flown by on the Calandar. I never even looked into the prospects for attending. Never had an interest. There are one or two people I would like to see again from my old class, but there is no guarentee that they will be there. There are a lot of people from my old class, and my old football team, who I would never want to see again. On balance, there is simply no desire or motivation to go party with these folks again.

I find the very idea of wanting to go back for hookups exceedingly strange. I can concied that, perhaps in Los Angeles, the situation would be a bit different. With a much higher concentration of hot women her in Los Angeles, the population of beautiful young ladies in school was probably quite a bit larger than in mine.