Saturday, November 21, 2009

I am becoming comfortable with the notion of Jevan Snead as our new Quarterback

For those of you who don't know him, Jevan Bryce Snead is the QB of the University of Missisippi. They are better known as a the Ole Miss Running Rebs. He happens to be a damn good one. He wears number 4 like another Missisippi QB named Brett Farve.

For those of you who didn't see it today, Jevan engineered an upset over the #8 ranked LSU Tigers. Ole Miss prevailed 25-23. They were lucky. The clock ran out on LSU. Jevan hit 14 of 21 for 206 yards. He had no Ints and no TDs, but he was instrumental. His QB rating in this game was 149.07, and they wouldn't won it without him. His QB rating this year is 122.9, and that is pretty good. Better still, he is a big play-maker.

He looks a hell of a lot like the Charger's Philip Rivers, but he is much more athletic, and he has better looking mechanics. As effective as he is, I have always felt that Rivers has ackward mechanics. Jevan is 6'3" and 215 pounds. He could put on a few more pounds, but he looks very solid. Rivers is bigger at 6'5" and 228, but he has far less mobility. Who has the bigger arm? I think that might be Snead. He's got a sniper rifle. He throws 95 mph heaters.

If you could get a bit more compact Philip Rivers with better speed, more arm, and similar gamesmanship, would you do it? If all that is true, you would be stupid not too.

Jevan shares a birthday with me, Terry Bradshaw, Salma Hayek, and Keanu Reeves. Yes, we were all born on September 2nd.

In my last blog entry on the Draft 2010, I was not pleased by the selection of QBs we have this year. At that point, I was unwilling to part with our customary #2 pick overall for any of these QBs. I can tell you now that this is begining to change. I am getting very comfortable with the notion that Jevan Snead will be the next Ram QB. I am begining to worry about who his big-play maker recievers will be.