Monday, April 12, 2010

Battening down the hatches for a very rough 2010

Far from re-energized and full of hope, I as a Ram fan am already packing it in for the 2010 season. I have zero confidence in the direction Devaney has decided to go. I believe the current plan is fucking bollocks, mate.

We are going to continue with Pat Shurmer and the out-dated and out-moded WCO. We are not going to upgrade our offensive line. We are going to invest $60 million (a black-hole contract) in a frail passer who will not be protected. I doubt we will give him quality targets to throw to.

I am taking over/under action for the number of games played before Sam Bradford suffers a season ending injury in 2010. That number shall be 3. Place your over/under bets, if you please.

For all the asshole prognosticators out there who claim that the NFL is all about marketing, and marketing on the star system, I would like to ask you the following question: How energized and hopeful will the Rams' fan base be when Sam Bradford is carted off on week 3 of the 2010 season? You don't build a team via the Sonny Werblin star system. You build it like a skyscraper. Foundation first, top ornaments later.

You may complain that the Rams line is not that bad. I tell you you know nothing about the subject. The Rams permitted 44 sacks last year. The Rams are a run-dominated team. The worst in league was Green Bay who permitted 51. This is a very pass-oriented team. The best pass-protecting team in the league in 2009 was the Colts. They allowed just 13 sacks. You will hardly find a more pass-happy team than the Colts.

Good teams allow 20 or fewer sacks. The Rams allowed more than twice that. We have a shitty offensive line.

You may complain that injuries are a freak occurrences that no one can predict. Bullshit! Bull fucking shit! A quarterback's risk of injury increases geometrically with the poverty of his line. When you taken an older or more injury prone QB and put him behind a poor line, the results are entirely predictable. You know what is going to happen. No one should ever knowingly walk into a tiger pit like that.

Worst of all, by failing to draft Ndamukong Suh, we may create circumstances in which both Chris Long and Adam Carriker fail rather than thrive and prosper. If we draft Suh, and stash him between these other two picks, I am more than certain that all three will prosper together. Idiots! Idiots man! I cannot fathom the idiots running my team. Shocking!

I just hope that Shahid Khan and Stan Kroenke are reading my blog. When you fire Billy Devaney and Steve Spagnuolo in couple of years, please consider me for a front office position. I would love to be the next GM of the Rams. We won't knowingly walk into bear traps if I am the GM. I will help you to regain a foothold in Los Angeles also.

Keep your eyes on Tebow. If he succeeds, just remember I told you so. Remember also that we could have had both Suh and Tebow if I had been the boss. We might have come up with an O-Line in 2010 also.

I hope I am wrong about this, but I am about 80-85% confident that my team is about to commit a series of blunders for the ages.

Rather than improvement, I think we are about to see the Rams match the Lions' winless record of two years ago. The new owner will be compelled to make sweeping changes.