Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 5 Results and Week 6 predictions


So it was brutal week last week, not just for me but for everyone. I caught it on the chin hard. My final score was 6-8.

What can you do with so many upsets on the table? Who could have imagined the Bucs beating the Bengals, the Cardinals beating the Saints or the Raiders beating the Chargers? Brutal upsets one and all.

I had a hard time imagining the 49ers going down 0-5. Still this is precisely what happened.

The games this week are much tougher to handicap. Consider the complexity of the Dolphins' visit to Green Bay. Consider the chaotic natures of both the Ravens and Patriots. Consider the uncertainty of the Texans vs. the exposure of the Chiefs. Who is better: the Bears or the Seahawks? Who is worse: The 49ers or the Raiders?

I broke a hard sweat over some of these picks and I even threw down my first Pick'em. I can't decide who should win the 49ers and Raiders. I am done picking the 49ers, but I can't quite pick the Raiders. This looks like two turds floating around in a toilet bowl bumping into each other, with stinky results.

Of course, you will all chastise me for picking the Rams over the Chargers. I can hear it now "Only a goddamn baboon moron dumb shit would pick the Rams over the Chargers!" You know what? I totally agree with you. Only an absolute fucking idiot would take the Rams over the Chargers. Still, I am doing it anyway.