Friday, January 1, 2010

I can't name 5 QBs in the league I want more than Donovan McNabb?

Today, the NFL Network broadcasted (what looked like) a all-new episode of The NFL's Top 10 show. This episode was titled The NFL's Top 10 Mobile Quarterbacks. I enjoyed it, as I always do, but this was certainly the worst of their efforts. The main problem was that the list was absolutely crazy. Certain key men named John Elway and Joe Montana did not make it on the list. A couple of men named Dan Marino and Bobby Douglas were on the list. We'll talk about that later.

I look particular umberage at a comment made by my draft super-hero, Mike Mayock. Those who read my blog know that I think the world of Mayock as a college tallent evaluator. He is my main trusted guru on the subject. However, he is a guy with biases. He is from Philly, and he covers a lot of Viking games. These two teams get special handling from him.

Now Mike has the audacity to tell me that I can't name 5 QBs in the league I would rather have than Donovan McNabb. Well, technically he is right. The number is not 5. The number is 8; maybe 9. Do I mean to tell you there are 8 or 9 quarterbacks I would rather have than Donovan McNabb? You damn betcha! Without further ado, here is my list
  1. Peyton Manning
  2. Drew Brees
  3. Philip Rivers
  4. Ben Rothlesburger
  5. Aaron Rodgers
  6. Kurt Warner
  7. Tom Brady
  8. Jay Cutler
Pending the outcome of Sunday's Cowboys vs Eagles game, I would probably take Tony Romo over McNabb also.

Do I mean to say that all 8 of those QBs are better than McNabb? Yep, that's right. Even Cutler? Well, he's younger and has much more unrealized potential. The first 7 on that list are clearly and distinctly better than McNabb.

Let us not forget that McNabb owns one of the worst performances in Super Bowl history. Let us not forget that demonstrated the worst 2 minute clock management skills we have ever seen. Let us not forget that he stated emphatically that he did not know regular season games could end in a tie. I have known that rule since I was frickin' 14 years of age, and I am not paid millions of dollars to know the rulebook.