Monday, September 6, 2010

The Synastry Files III: Calculating the birthday of miss right.


As you know, my new favorite video games are Kepler 7 and Janus 4. The Synastry calculators and interpreters built into the these applications have furnished me with countless hours of fun over the past several weeks. It is terribly interesting stuff. I don't know if a single word of it is true, but there very interesting and evocative results when I run it against family, friends, and coworkers.

To wit, the hunt and peck method of simply entering data for women I find attractive has become extremely tedious and boring. I have become tired of the occasional bingo at a 300 level of attraction. While many of the scores I have stumbled upon have been extraordinary, so to have the downsides.

Consider Kim Kardashian. If this software is to be believed, we have a romantic and sexual score of 357. We also have a violence and aggression score of 535. Anything above 150 is considered an extremely strong score. That 535 will make you think twice about that 357. You don't want that 357 to signify 357 magnum.

Hence, I have become interested in harnessing the power of this software to calculate the birth date of little miss perfect. I want to know the birth date of the woman (or women), currently walking the face of the Earth, with the very best set of Synastry scores vis-a-vis me.

Presuming you were uninvolved with anyone at this point, would you not be interested in calculating the birth date of Miss perfect, if such a thing were possible? It would help in your glass-slipper quest, would it not?

Given the limitations of this software, which are considerable, how can the goal be achieved? Because I am a goddamn brilliant sonofabitch with no less than 4 Virgos jam-packed into my first house, I was able to reason out a solution.

The solution is to manufacture and import test data.

In the database development world, we need to test and debug software just as all software developers do. We have no desire to skupper our corporate databases with buggy software. These databases are chocked full of priceless data. Sometimes, you can't make a copy of the production database for testing purposes either. Frequently, confidential data cannot be released for testing and development purposes. The laws of the land won't allow it.

The solution is to populate a test instance of the database with artificially generate data. In practice, one smart coder gets the onerous task of writing VB or C# code that generates millions of records of utterly fake data and stashing it into the database. There are several different accepted approached to doing this. I myself have had to wear this hat on several occasions.

Returning to the Synastry files, I realized pretty quickly that it would be no difficult task to generate each and every birthday between 1961 and 1990, give each record a fake name like "Capricorn Jan 1, 1961", and use one of 10 or so fictitious birth locations.

Frankly, it doesn't take a bunch of C# code to generate something like that. It doesn't take much disk space or processor time either. The only technical challenge was to understand the data format Kepler and Janus expected to receive on import. Making the synthetic data fit that format precisely was the only challenge.

Well, I whipped out me ol' copy Visual Studio 2010 yesterday and had something working inside about 70 minutes. It was limited to Pisces only. I didn't want to waste to much time building out the frame until I knew I had the import format down pat. It turns out that Kepler wants a simple little comma delimited text file. It couldn't be easier.

I can hear someone asking now: "Dave, why Pisces! I have read you condemnation of their drug and alcohol problems." Not exactly condemnation, but plenty of trouble comes from these tendencies. The reason for the Pisces run is simple: My 7th house is in Pisces. This indicates that my spouse is supposed to come from this group. One of my objectives in the first test was to confirm that Kepler indeed scores up individuals whose Sun sign falls in your 7th house.

So I imported the Pisces run that exhaustively covered all Pisces birthdates between 1961 and 1990. I put them into their own data grouping. I ran the Pisces group against my own chart.

What did I find? The magic birth date is none other than March 12, 1986. On this date, Synastry scores versus my own chart are over 500 on the sexual attraction score, around 230 on similarity of interests, over 120 on success, over 300 on problem solving, around 300 on kidness, pleasantness and peace, and about 300ish on aggression. Because of the other high scores, we would expect the aggression score to flip and become a power and success score.

This is true all over the world, regardless of birth time, regardless of birth location. Birth time can make the scores flex up and down. Birth location (which affects time) also flexes the scores up and down.

Consider the following scores for a theoretical female I have code-named La-La. This female was born in Los Angeles County on 3/12/1986 at 9:00PM PST. Her scores versus mine look like the following.

La-La and David A. Leon

Data for La-La: Data for David A. Leon:
March 12, 1986 September 2, 1966
9:00 PM 6:05 AM
Standard time observed Daylight Savings Time observed
Los Angeles, California Fresno, California
34 N 03 08 118 W 14 34 36 N 44 52 119 W 46 17
Tropical PLACIDUS Tropical PLACIDUS
Time Zone: 8 hours West Time Zone: 8 hours West

Sun 22 deg 19 min Pisces Sun 9 deg 37 min Virgo
Moon 22 deg 21 min Aries Moon 7 deg 13 min Aries
Mercury 29 deg 01 min Pisces Mercury 2 deg 09 min Virgo
Venus 5 deg 03 min Aries Venus 22 deg 04 min Leo
Mars 22 deg 10 min Sagittarius Mars 5 deg 02 min Leo
Jupiter 4 deg 54 min Pisces Jupiter 25 deg 43 min Cancer
Saturn 9 deg 40 min Sagittarius Saturn 27 deg 33 min Pisces
Uranus 22 deg 17 min Sagittarius Uranus 19 deg 21 min Virgo
Neptune 5 deg 38 min Capricorn Neptune 19 deg 41 min Scorpio
Pluto 7 deg 04 min Scorpio Pluto 17 deg 56 min Virgo
Asc. 1 deg 15 min Scorpio Asc. 3 deg 32 min Virgo
MC 4 deg 57 min Leo MC 29 deg 54 min Taurus

Category Totals

1. Romantic and Sexual Attraction: 527
2. Similarity of Interests and Temperament: 229
3. Mutual Success and High Achievement: 129
4. Problem Solving, Communication, and Mutual Understanding: 329
5. Mutual Kindness, Friendliness, Pleasantness, and Peace: 309
6. Aggressiveness, Competition, Power, Success, or Violence 332
7. Adventurousness, Surprises, Disturbances: 97
8. Shared Creativity, Imagination, and Inspiration: 136

Given above are your compatibility scores in 8 different categories. A score of 100 is average. A score above 100 indicates that the trait is strong, and a score below 100 indicates that the trait is weak. More specifically, you can interpret the
scores as follows:

Above 150 is very high. This trait is VERY strong!
125 to 150 is above average. The trait is strong.
115 to 125 is slightly above average. The trait is slightly strong.
85 to 115 is average.
75 to 115 is slightly below average. The trait is slightly weak.
50 to 75 is weak.
50 or lower is VERY weak!

It looks like one of the legendary romances of this or any other age; one that all others will be measured by. This despite the fact that I am 20 years older than all these women. Oh well, I guess some younger women need older men.

Incidentally, Miss right may just have easily been born in Toronto Canada at 10:00pm. She may well have been born in Rio de Janeiro at 11:45pm. Flex the time a bit, and any location anywhere in the world will produce this kind of massive result set.

I have studied La-La's birth charts and there are several remarkable features to it. First, she is fire masquerading as water. La-la's ascendant is Scorpio. Her Sun sign is Pisces. She will appear to be a watery and mysterious, intensely emotional female. Under the hood, she is all fire. She has no less than 4 Sagittarius and 2 Aries planets in her chart, including an Aries moon to match my own. La-La does not have a single shred of air in her chart, just like me.

Go figure. Most of my high scores prior to this point involved females who brought a lot of air to potluck. Not in the case of La-la.

There is much to consider here. I have not generated test data for all the other signs. Ergo, I cannot definitively say that La-la will continue to have the top score, but do I expect it go any higher? I have great doubts about that. How do you go higher than 527-528? I know I said this about 357, but good Lord! Further, how can you possibly beat the combined score with problem solving, and peace? That is what makes La-la's chart nearly invincible.

Can you find 500s across the board? I doubt it will happen outside the boundaries of the 7th house. Given the fact that Pisces is on my 7th house, I strongly doubt a non-Pisces will post scores that exceed a Pisces.

What gives me cold chills is the notion of the approach-shot. How does a 44 year old man approach a 24 year old woman? With chart in hand? I wanted to meet you because I ran a bunch of test data that says...