Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dave's Preliminary NFL Top 5 Power Ranking before Monday Night Week 2

  1. Saints
  2. Ravens
  3. Giants
  4. Falcons
  5. Vikings

There you have it ladies and germs. If the Super Bowl were held today, Dave says it would be Ravens vs. Saints for all the marbles.

Reluctantly, I must include the Vikings on that list. I have no confidence in the Vikings. I do not believe they are headed anywhere in the post season. If the Colts have a powerful showing on Monday night, and down the Dolphins hard, they will replace the Vikings, and probably bump the Falcons down a notch.

Several undefeated teams did not make it into my top 5 list. The Jets are just on the other side of my confidence horizon. They to have to open up on offense to gain a slot here. Their play calling is far too conservative. The Broncos also failed to make this list. This is far more explainable, but it probably requires no explanation. Josh McDaniels shit the bed when he first laid down on the job. I have no confidence at all in the Broncos. Their 2-0 start is the ultimate fluke in route to a 2-9 start.