Sunday, January 2, 2011

Well, I'll be goddamned to fuckin' hell...

The L.A. Times actually wrote a piece about the Rams... and it wasn't a hit piece either... Usually Plaschke and Simers can't mention the Rams without taking three shots at the organization.

I guess this is the surest sign that the Rams are, in fact, returning to Los Angeles. For those who don't know, the Rams were blacklisted by the L.A. Media the day they left town in 1994. All coverage of the Rams ceased after they left town in 1994. The L.A. Times is one of the foremost exponents of this news blackout. The Rams get no local TV time, no local writing, and the least number of broadcast games possible. Generally speaking, unless the Rams are playing the Chargers, Raiders or 49ers, we have a 0% chance of seeing them around here... At least on broadcast TV.

As you know, the game against Seattle was broadcast nation wide on NBC, so that doesn't exactly count.

The blackout has always annoyed me. You only punish the Ram fans by doing this, not the franchise. Further, the Raiders suffer no such blackout. This can only be true because L.A. never loved them anyway. We didn't really care that much when they moved back to Oakland, so we couldn't be hurt by it. No, the furry shown towards the Rams by the L.A. media is a sure sign of a woman scorned.

Lately, as I have worn my Chris Long, Sam Bradford, Torry Holt, Eric Dickerson and Jack Youngblood jerseys around town, more and more people have been stopping me to give me the thumbs up and extol the Rams' current turn around. This happened three times to me last Friday. The old Ram fans are coming out of the closet and getting bold again. There are employees at Whole Foods, Albertsons and Del Taco who always want to talk Ram football every time I drop by. I think L.A. is growing bolder about claiming and reclaiming the Rams.